Gotcha, but it’s very close to free. A few classmates and I have been working on the board of a local non-profit organization, Somerville Local First (SLF). SLF helps to build “a sustainable Local First economy by supporting and promoting locally owned and independent businesses, artists and nonprofits” in Somerville.
They’re hosting a fundraiser at the Foundry On Elm, a new restaurant and pub in Davis Square, on Wednesday, April 6th from 6:00-8:00pm. Tickets are only $20, and include a beer and wine tasting from 6:00-7:00pm and appetizers from 6:00-8:00pm.
Here are a few reasons you should buy a ticket soon:
1. 100% of the money goes to SLF, so you’d be supporting a good cause.
2. The beer is all from Pretty Things, a great new local craft “brewery” that I’ve previously written about. If you consider the ticket price to be a donation, then it’s free beer.
3. The Foundry On Elm’s gotten good reviews. Here’s an excuse to check it out.
4. Davis Square is a great area, and you probably don’t get out there often enough.
5. If you eat enough of the appetizers, it’s really dinner.
6. You’ll meet lots of interesting people from the community.
7. It’s probably going to sell out quickly.